In August or September (I can't really remember which one it was) 2003 we went on a week long river trip with Jesse's dad, Dave. I was so nervous I could not believe people actually do this for fun. Float down a river for 6 days, no shower, what about my clothes, wont they get wet, sleep in a different spot each night um and where do you go to the bathroom? I thought they were crazy.
And here I go with them. It was Me, Jesse, his dad Dave, His sister Jaimie, and Dave's brother Marv and his family.

We went on the Green River, the Desolation Gray part. It was so pretty.

Jesse rented a kayak for the trip, here he is doing a barrel roll, don't worry he perfected this trick the night before we left, in the swimming pool at our apartment.

We stopped for a little hike to some Indian Pictographs.

Jesse and Dave took turns rowing the raft and playing in the kayak.

This is Jesse's cousins, Mary Ann and Russ in one of the other rafts.

Jaimie and I swimming. The water was so warm.

This is a beach we pulled over for lunch, but we camped out in spots similar to this beach. We saw so many wild animals, mountain sheep, rabbits and we even saw a black bear. We pulled over at one spot to have lunch and explore Indian ruins, while no one was around the bear we saw snooped out our stuff, there were bear tracks all over the rafts. No pictures I only had a waterproof disposable camera.

Jesse and I

Hard Ass!

White water.

We found a nice diving board and did some cliff jumping, Yes this is me can you believe it.

We had all of our stuff in these dry bags strapped to the raft, and yes we even had a potty strapped on there as well for those of you who are clueless like me.

Jesse sliding off some sand.

A rock formation called Nefertiti kind of cool.

Jesse and Jaimie at the take out.
This trip was so much fun, and so much work. I learned a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment