Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Moab 2004

To me this trip seem weird cause we went before Jesse got into 4 wheeling and so we did other things. Like mountain biking, Hiking and Repelling. We went with Michelle and Kyle. We had a sweet camp spot next to a huge wall, we will get to that wall later. We woke up in the morning and headed to slick rock. I was very intimidated but did the practice loop anyway.
"Cowboy up"
Jesse waiting impatiently for us to all be ready to go. About half way into the loop as I am pedaling up a hill I fall so hard, my shoe falls off down into a ravine, I scrape up my elbow and go get my shoe. I am pissed as ever. I decided to walk my bike back, everyone else comes with me. I felt so bad that they did not finish but my big toe might have been broke, so back to camp.
The next morning as we are having breakfast some people came into our camp and said that they wanted to repel down the wall into our camp. We say ok but they have to let us repel too. UM what that wall is like 200 feet high. I decide not to do it, plus my toe still hurts.
The boys cut their socks to cover up their sun burnt arms, what dorks!!
Jesse has no problem repelling Kyle and Michelle do it too.
That rope was a 200 foot rope and it barely touches the ground it was so high.
I decide I HAVE to do it I may never get a chance to do this again. The hike up was very easy and gradual.
This guy walked us that were scared down the wall it was really quite easy cause there was never a drop off, it just rolled off nice and easy. From here it does not look high at all.
That is half of the wall it was huge. I still can't believe I did it, but I am so glad I did cause an opportunity has not come up since.
Later that after noon we went to Arches this being my 1st time ever to Moab I really wanted to go. We just hiked a little arch loop, my toe was getting worse every minute. The boys being boys needed some food, like now. They set up the stove right there in the parking lot and made some grub.
Us under an arch.
When we got home I went to see my Aunt who was a nurse and she said yup I broke my toe. Such a memorable trip to Moab, I obviously liked it cause we go like 2 times a year if not more.

No comments: